TMV is a leading early-stage venture fund writing first checks to launch purpose-driven companies. Founded by Soraya Darabi and Marina Hadjipateras in 2016, TMV is paving the way for a next generation of founders focused on addressing the care economy, the future of work, logistics, and tech enabled climate solutions. As an integrated partner to each of our founders, TMV has helped companies like Ridwell make it easier to reduce and recycle responsibly, Portcast provide predictive and prescriptive analytics for ocean freight, and Parsley Health develop doctor-led holistic health care. As a result, TMV has been named twice by Inc. Magazine as one of the most founder friendly venture capital firms. Across two previous funds and a recently launched third fund TMV has amassed a portfolio of over 55 companies that are leveraging technology to ensure a better tomorrow.
To learn more visit our website at www.tmv.vc
About the role
We are seeking an Associate to join our “Deal Team” focusing on our logistics and supply chain verticals. This Associate will also have the opportunity to support climate and sustainability focused deals.
At TMV, we are looking for hard-working and persevering individuals with an expressed interest in vetting early-stage, purpose-driven investments. This position offers a great opportunity to further your career in impact investing and venture capital. In this role you will back innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing global supply chain problems by identifying exceptional founders, pre-evaluating them for TMV investment, and presenting recommendations to Principals and General Partners.
The ideal candidate should be highly intelligent, entrepreneurial, and an excellent communicator. They must have a robust interest in the startup industry and venture capital. Previous experience or expertise in the logistics, supply chain, or transportation industries is highly preferred. This role will require analytical problem-solving as you conduct due diligence on potential investment
opportunities. We deeply value the input of all members of our team and are looking for someone that can not only execute, but will also contribute to the mission, vision, and culture at TMV in a significant way.
Critical competencies for this position are:
● Source, review, and prioritize investment opportunities, providing recommendations to Principals and General Partners.
● Conduct thorough due diligence of new investment opportunities (including but not limited to business model analysis, financial modeling, competitive landscape)
● Draft investment memos and presentations.
● Develop subject matter expertise in TMV’s logistics and supply chain thesis area.
● Attend events on behalf of TMV to seek out promising founders and contribute to the firm’s brand-building.
● Monitor performance of TMV’s portfolio companies, providing support on areas including go-to-market and strategy as needed.
We are looking for someone:
● With a deep passion for the ecosystem of tech startups, VCs, or accelerators.
● Who is inspired by purpose-driven companies that can create transparency and efficiency around global supply chains.
● With a desire to take ownership of work.
● That has strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
● With the ability to run in the right direction given a lot of rope.
● With an unending drive and a thirst to learn.
● That is transparent and honest with excellent communication skills.
● With a history of high achievement, as demonstrated through academic performance and prior work experience.
● Prior experience with financial analysis and modeling is a plus.
The minimum requirements are:
● A BA/BS degree is required. MBA or pursuing one highly preferred.
● Familiarity with the ecosystem of startups, VCs, and accelerators.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Previous experience as a venture analyst, strategy consultant, investment research analyst, or member of a relevant high growth startup is highly preferred.
● Previous experience or expertise in the logistics, supply chain, or transportation industries is highly preferred.
● Interest in sustainability and climate and its cross section with supply chain is a plus.
● Experience working within diverse communities and with diverse founders preferred.
● Hybrid with 2-3 days required in-person at the TMV office per week.