Well-established international shipping company with office in Midtown Manhattan is looking for an Operations Assistant.
1.Maintain the certificates and documents for the existing ships issued by the flag state and coordinate with the Registry for the renewal, revision and update, distribute them to the relevant parties
- Register new building with the flag state, obtain all the certificate and distribute them to the relevant parties
- Maintain all the certificates related to ISM, ISPS and MLC and coordinate with RO for the renewal, revision and update and distribute them to the relevant parties
- Process all invoices from flag states and classification societies, and coordinate business and accounting departments to make payments and keep records.
- Control, renew and monitor all COFR, CaCOFR, Canada Response Organization (WCMRC + ECRC), APC and all US/Canada bound documentation as well as documents for calling Panama Canal.
- Manage the crew contract, seaman card and seaman related issues concerning MLC.
- Serve as the backup Point of Contact with ITF, IMEC, HSCC for maintaining the membership including monitoring the expiration of the special agreement, arranging the payment of membership fee and SEPF and filing for grant in time.
8.Assist to track the ship’s monthly report
9.Coordinate with branch offices to keep the ship’s drawing available at the designated place
- Check correctness of insurance note on vessels’ particulars on IMO number, GRT, DWT, NRT, etc
- Other work assigned by the Operation Manager
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ocean Shipping background preferred but not required
- Bilingual in Mandarin is must
- Strong English reading and writing ability is a must
- Competence in Microsoft Office
- Good communication skill and time management skill
- Self-motivated, organized and detail oriented.
- Candidate shall have the right to work in USA.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: $60,000.00 – $75,000.00
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New York, NY 10165: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Mandarin (Required)
Work Location: In person
Please kindly email your resume to HR@fmcny.com if you are interested. Thanks!