Job ID 263257 Date posted 03/23/2023 Location : Coral Gables, Florida
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Operations Coordinator will be part of our Ocean Transportation global team. In this role, the individual will be required to effectively facilitate and liaison amongst our global offices, customers, shipowners, agents, and shipbrokers, as well as provide proactive support to our commercial team during the pre-fixing and post-fixture stages. The incumbent should develop a thorough understanding of the business needs, a solid reputation for executing contracts of affreightments, and the capacity to build relationships with our strategic partners. This is a very unique opportunity to join a global and diverse team.
- Analyze and project port costs, and coordinate services with local vendors.
- Assist in the planning, coordinating, and implementation standardized processes related to the operational movement of the dry bulk commodities.
- Perform data entry updates using internal systems, interpret and analyze data, and communicate results to other stakeholders for further analysis.
- Evaluate, select, and foster ongoing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Use comprehensive knowledge of the Maritime industry to make recommendations.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Ensure seamless operations for allocated customers by working with vessel operators and/or vessel masters for timely optimization
- Assist with the development of the customer relationship by adding value within the strategic flow
- Interpret charterer party terms
- Other duties as assigned
- The position is based in Coral Gables, FL
- Relocation assistance is not provided for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Bilingual (English and Spanish).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.