As a result of our continued growth, we are now seeking a maritime attorney with personal injury claims handling experience, or someone with other relevant claims handling experience, for a Senior Claims Executive position in our New York City office.
In this position you will be part of a world leading marine insurance provider where service and competence is key. We believe in teamwork, sharing knowledge and supporting our customers. Serving the marine community can be challenging, but also very rewarding. Our purpose statement ‘Protecting Ocean Industries’ underlines our role in society and our commitment to customers, the global ocean industries, and a sustainable development.
Skuld North America Inc. is the wholly owned US subsidiary of Assuranceforeningen Skuld with headquarters in Oslo, Norway. Skuld provides an extensive range of insurance products and services to shipowners, charterers and traders, the offshore energy industry, and the cruise and superyacht industry, focusing on service, quality, and sustainable development.
Read more about Skuld on www.skuld.com.
You will be part of a dynamic team in New York and collaborate closely with our offices in London and Oslo, as well as Skuld’s worldwide offices.
In this position you will:
- Handle and manage a portfolio of maritime matters, including cruise and superyacht personal injury claims with a US nexus
- Provide legal and strategic advice to members, clients and colleagues around the world
- Conduct legal research and analysis
- Evaluate, negotiate and settle claims
- Develop and manage relationships with members, clients, business partners and industry colleagues
- Contribute to a friendly, open, and trusting work environment
- Actively participate in Skuld seminars, gatherings, and events
Who are you?
To thrive in Skuld you face challenges with a positive mindset and with dedication.?You are professional, structured, service minded and proud to be a Skuld ambassador. You also recognise and live by our values; Accurate, Bold, Caring and Dedicated.
Your qualifications should preferably include:
- J.D. or LL.M. from a US law school
- Admission to practice in New York, or other US state
- Relevant work experience handling personal injury claims, preferably within the cruise and superyacht sector
- An interest in and understanding of the shipping industry
- Strong writing, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly and manage multiple assignments
- Willingness to work both independently and as part of a team
If you want to be part of the ocean industry and a highly international environment, Skuld is the perfect place to be. In Skuld you will be close to the business, have hands on responsibilities and excellent possibilities for both personal and professional development. We focus on service and quality in everything we do and constantly develop our business to meet the future needs of shipowners, the offshore and energy sector, charterers and traders, and the superyacht community.
We offer competitive benefits, a social workplace and inspiring leaders in a team-oriented organisation of over 300 highly skilled and engaged employees. We are proud of the Skuld culture promoting work-life balance, empowerment, flexibility and trust. Together we build an inclusive and diverse workplace with equal opportunities regardless of gender, age, nationality, race, or other.
Åse Naaman Jensen
Senior Vice President, Head of Skuld New York